The following PRO-SET epoxy systems have been approved by DNV GL for use on ships, yachts and as ‘laminating resin for construction of laminates made of fibre reinforced plastics’:
- INF-114 Infusion Resin with INF-210 Fast, INF-211 Medium, INF-212 Slow and INF-213 Extra Slow Hardeners.
- LAM-125 Low Viscosity Laminating resin with LAM-224 Fast, LAM-226 Medium, LAM-229 Slow and LAM-237 Extra Slow Hardeners.
- LAM-135 Medium Viscosity Laminating Resin with LAM-224 Fast, LAM-226 Medium, LAM-229 Slow and LAM-237 Extra Slow Hardeners.
DNV GL approval confirms that the PRO-SET epoxy systems are in compliance with international standards, regulations and recognised DNV GL rules, providing proof of the high quality and safety standards of the products.
“We’re delighted to gain accreditation for PRO-SET epoxy systems,” says Ian Oliver of Wessex Resins and Adhesives who manufactures PRO-SET epoxy under license from Gougeon Brothers Inc. “PRO-SET epoxy is used worldwide in many applications and it’s specifically designed for building high-performance, lightweight composite structures that can withstand the harshest environments. PRO-SET epoxy can enhance the strength and durability of practically any composite component.
“The range has been expanded to better meet the demands of modern composite manufacturing. All the formulations offer unrivalled handling characteristics with excellent cure profiles and are designed to enable companies to rapidly fulfil orders very competitively.”
In addition, after an extensive test programme, Lloyd’s Register has reconfirmed its approval of the following WEST SYSTEM resin and hardener combinations.
- WEST SYSTEM 105 Epoxy Resin with 205 Fast Hardener
- WEST SYSTEM 105 Epoxy Resin with 206 Slow Hardener
- WEST SYSTEM 105 Epoxy Resin with 209 Extra Slow Hardener